How we work
Builders Town London team
- Ask at least three builders to provide quotes.
- Decide, to the last detail, what you want to be done and make sure the builders' estimates cover everything you would like to be done.
- Try not to change your mind during the job as it can add to costs, but if you do, make sure all changes are agreed in writing.
- Be realistic - Builders aren't mind readers, so if your project is not going to plan you must spell it out and explain what you do want.
- Talk to the builder's previous customers.
- Go and see the jobs the company has done and ask the customer if it all went well.
- Ask for details of how the builder should be paid. This should be in installments, as parts of the project are completed.
Before work starts:
- Agree start and end times every day, with particular consideration for elderly neighbours and sleeping children.
- Any major work will affect your neighbours. Keeping them informed of your plans will help maintain good relations and enable you to take on board any concerns they may have.
- Agree house rules with your builders:
Where they should enter the house and where they should take their boots off.
Ask them to protect floors and walls on their route through the house with taped down boards or dust covers with plastic underneath to ensure water doesn't leak through on to carpets.
- Clear the area where the builders will be working - make sure clothes, books and furniture are out of the way. The builders may help you move heavy furniture. Furniture should be packed away or covered with dustsheets. Consider putting valuable items into storage.
- Agree the location of the skip, which may need a licence and lights at night.
- Check whether the builder intends to put up scaffolding over anyone else's land and ask their permission.
- If you are responsible for ordering materials such as flooring, tiles, kitchen and bathroom fittings - ask the builder when they are needed and make sure they are there on time.
Our London builders team is here to help you.
To find reliable builders in London, for your convenience, we have provided several ways to contact us.
Call today: Contact us section e-mail: